Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm a big guy now






My baby Carter is growing up! We got him a toddler bed, which he is in love with,(yep, got kicked out of the crib, to make room for Monique, the baby in the belly). The first night went really well, he slept the whole night, but I did not, I was too afraid that he was going to get down from the bed and wander around or even end up in the woods behind our house. The few broken hours I slept I dreamed about him playing with the knives in the kitchen. The new bed was working well for Carter but a nightmare for me! I decided that if wanted to sleep the next night I should have to put my Macguyver/ Brazilian expertise in practice, got my nylons and tied it from Carter's door knob to the bathroom's door, that did not work well, but at least I entertained my husband a little when he found out what was going on. Next day Adam went to the store and got me something that actually works, so Carter won't be able to open the door. I kind of slept better last night. Anyways I just wanted to share that with you guys to see if I can get some sympathy since so far everyone is just saying that I'm really paranoid. Here are some pictures, enjoy.

Note: I put some pictures of Adam and Carter playing in the rain (it has been raining lots these days, but nothing will spoil the fun for these two).

5 comments:

Whitney said...

You guys are so great! The bed and bedding is so cute! No wonder Carter loves it. Your "paranoia" doesn't sound like that big of a deal to me. I would be nervous for the first little while, too. Don't let Adam tell you you're crazy. And Adam and Carter are so cute playing in the rain. What an awesome family. You guys must have a really great time together. Monique is lucky to be born into such a great environment.

De Ette said...

Okay maybe a little "paranoia" Fabi. But, I laughed out through the entire post. I can just imagine your appt strung with nylons trying to keep doors shut. It makes me laugh to even think of it. The Bed is wonderful! I'm sure Carter loves it and feels like a big boy in his new bed.

hano&brittanymelendez said...

We can't believe how big Carter is, WOW! Time flies by!! It looks like Adam and Carter were having a good time in the rain(actually it looks like Adam was enjoying it more than Carter). Your story is so funny about Carter. We love you guys and miss you tons!! P.S. I want some belly photos!!

Janalyn said...

A little paranoid, but who could blame you for being concerned for your handsome, great little man?!? The knife dream is quite funny!

Princess said...

awe:) florida gets tons of rain huh? we feel you guys.
that carter is getting so big! he's so cute!
take care guys:)
Princess and A.