Sunday, September 27, 2009

Formation

I had my formation solo this last week. It was my last solo flight in the T-34. I was flying off the instructor's wing for most of the flight except for a short time where he had me take lead. It was by far my best formation flight. The instructor, a former Thunderbird pilot, said he was "totally impressed." There was a flight doc student in the backseat of his airplane who was just along for the ride. She happened to bring a camera and took some pictures of me. It's pretty cool because we're not allowed to take pictures while we're up there so this was my only opportunity to get some. The position I'm flying in off his wing is called parade position. For us, the parameters are 20' of nose to tail separation, 10' of step-down (that's like vertical separation), and 4' of wingtip clearance. So here's the pictures. Remember, they are from the perspective of the backseat of the lead aircraft. The pilot you see flying the airplane is me.







7 comments:

De Ette said...

Adam this is awesome! I'm so glad you got pictures while you were up there. It is fun to see you in action!

Ondriawfd said...

These pics are so cool! It makes me so proud of my brother.

Ondriawfd said...

You really ARE flying!

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

Super Cool. Love to see you following your dreams

Janalyn said...

Wow, you're the pilot Jester/Maverik! That's really cool Adam.

Kristine said...

Adam I am so proud of you. You just started a life long dream. I know how long and hard you have worked to make this dream come true. Congratulations!! Love, Aunt Kristine

Kristine said...

Adam I am so proud of you. You just started a life long dream. I know how long and hard you have worked to make this dream come true. Congratulations!! Love, Aunt Kristine