Monday, December 17, 2007

Carter Davis Snell






Say hello to your new grandson/nephew/cousin/other relationship. Carter was born Sunday 16 December 2007 at 4:38 am. We were sitting at Applebee's on Saturday night with our friends Hano and Britany. Someone told a funny story and we all laughed. Then Fabiane turned to me and said, "Adam, I think my water just broke!" So I said, "Let's have a baby!" And we went to the hospital and got there at about 8:15 pm. Fabiane was having contractions but they weren't totally regular and she was only dilated to a one. So they put her on some pitosin(sp?) and got her started. By this point they had already given her the epidural and she was feeling fine. Sometime around 3:45 am they checked her and she had reached a 10 so she started pushing. The doctor got there within a few minutes and we had a baby! Carter came out at 6 lbs. 3oz. He has a lot of black hair and is fairly light skinned, although the nurses think that'll change because he has a dark scrotum. Supposedly dark scrotumed boys get darker skin. We're home now and Grandma is with us. Fabiane is sore but happy to have her son. I'm pretty happy too. Enjoy the pictures. I'm sure there'll be many more to come.

Our baby, the Alien... (this is with the night vision function on the camera)

6 comments:

Janalyn said...

What a cute little guy!! Great job you guys. He does seem to have Fabi's nose. I'm sure he'll appreciate you letting the world know he has a dark scrotum too Adam! Although, maybe if you put a finger cap on his pinky, he'd never know a scrotum was a "private part". :)

I showed his picture to Maya and she says, "Carter is so cute and when he comes to visit us, I think he'll love to see our house."
Cicily saw his picture and gave him an I love you sign. So he's loved by cousins already!

We're looking forward to as many pictures as you guys have time to post and can't wait to see you next week!!!

Love you 3!

Heath said...

Very cute guys. Congratulations!! Tell Carter thank you for being so cooperative and sharing his grandma with Brooklyn and Caden.

Chelsea said...

Congratulations you guys! Hopefully we can meet him sometime in the near future. I'm glad everything went well!

Chris said...

Good times! Can't wait to the little guy's sac up close for myself! I guess I can see why you didn't want to post a picture though.

BTW: I Googled "dark baby scrotum" and your blog was number 1. Congratulations, and get ready for the increased pedophile traffic on Familia Snell!

Ondriawfd said...

Finally, pictures!! What a cutie. We want to see some of that hair you say he has too. Dionys said to look at his ears if they're darker then he'll probably get darker. I'm so excited for you guys. How does it feel to be a dad/mom? Just remember E.A.S.Y. It will make your life much more easy. Love you guys! Ondria

P.S. I just read Janalyn's post. Will we see you guys next week? That will be so fun.

Ondriawfd said...

One more thing...tell Fabiane she looks great for having just had a baby.