Sunday, August 5, 2007

Exotic?



Yes, we're exotic. I'm pretty much fully European in heritage and Fabiane is African and Native American (from one of those jungle tribes where they heal people by burying bananas). So, the baby, which is a boy, is going to be quite the mix when he's born in December. We're very excited to see how he comes out.

Fabiane is from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. She has one older brother and two younger sisters. Her parents joined the LDS church when she was four and she baptized at eight years old. Sometime thereafter the whole family stopped going to church... except for Fabiane. Of course, she credits one of her church leaders for her continued activity, but if you know her, you'll soon realize it is her love for light and truth that has always atracted her to the gospel and to every good choice she's ever made. If I had to choose one thing, I would say that's what I love most about my beautiful wife.

I'm a 23 year-old AFROTC student at Brigham Young University. I recently received my pilot slot, which means that after I graduate in April 2008 I will be sent off to pilot training. I reached these acheivments because I had great parents and awesome brothers and sisters that always kept me going and led me in the right direction. I owe much to the family the Lord blessed me with and I hope to establish a home where such a wonderful family can grow. With our American/Brazilian mix, our future in the Air Force, and our baby on the way, there'll be many exotic adventures. Welcome to our blog!

5 comments:

Heath said...

"I had great parents and awesome brothers and sisters"
Um, as your only BROTHER (singular) I am wondering if I some how missed out on another one that you have somewhere else. C'mon now, you can spread the credit among the three sisters, but all the credit solely should belong to me as your ONLY brother!
By the way, nice blog. Be sure to keep it up. In fact, it looks so nice, I would dare say that it was put together on a Mac!?

Ondriawfd said...

I'm so glad you guys have a blog now. I saw a picture of Fabi on Whitney's and wanted to see more pictures of you guys. Yea!! By the way did you send me the link because I had to find you on Heath's page.

Adam Snell said...

Ya, Fabi said she emailed it to you from my account.

De Ette said...

This is great!! Thanks for getting it all put together so that we could see the Exotic Couple. :-)
I'm guessing you are liking the MAC!!
I'm expecting some great pictures from the "Mother Land" soon. Please be safe and return to back to the "Father Land" without incident. You guys are great.

Whitney said...

Cute blog! Keep it up in Brazil, and put tons of pictures on here. We all want to see what you guys will be up to.